There is a reason why Golf is often referred to as a gentleman’s game. No, no, we do not mean to say that the players of a different sport are not gentle!! We mean that this is a sport which had always been expensive and could be afforded only by a particular section of society. But nowadays, we do see a lot of players coming from not so rich backgrounds, yet marking their place in Golf. But there are still some highly costly accessories that a particular group of people can only afford.
The prices of the most expensive golf balls list that we are sharing here in this article range between $47 per dozen to $75 per dozen. These balls are specially designed, keeping in mind various types of golf players’ styles. While some may provide a better spin, others offer a better swing.
The Five most expensive golf balls in the world
Buying or not buying is the second thing. There is no harm in learning about the most expensive golf balls, right? So if you are someone who is very interested in this sport or want to increase your knowledge about this sport, here is a list for you of the most expensive golf balls in the world.
5. Titleist Pro V1
This Titleist Pro V1 has always been in the top 5 of the most expensive golf balls. These golf balls are available commercially at a price of $48 per dozen. We have all heard about the sports brand Titleist. This company specializes in golf gear and various golf equipment. Titleist is an America-based company that has successfully earned its “good name” in manufacturing and supplying excellent quality products.
Because the ProV is known for being the most expensive golf ball, many people will compare their prices. Since their first debut, the ProV1 has become more affordable. They are now available for roughly $48 per dozen, although they were closer to $60 per dozen when they were first produced. The ProV1x is a three-piece golf ball developed for players with high clubhead speeds who wish to spin the ball around the greens.
- It can travel long distances exceptionally well.
- This ball is almost perfect for golfers who play at high swing speeds.
- The feel of the ball is exquisite; they are even considered to be one of the best in the market.
- The technology of the ball has not evolved much as compared to its older models.
- The most significant disadvantage of this ball is that it tends to “cut” easily compared to its peers.
4. TaylorMade TP5 Pix Golf Balls
These golf balls are also considered one of the most expensive golf balls commercially available at $49 per dozen. There is a reason behind the high price of the TaylorMade TP5 Pix Golf Balls. The performance of these balls is excellent, which makes it worth the price.
These balls are made of five separate pieces, which enhances the power of the balls. The inner layers can produce power, while the outer core will provide the feel and spin needed to get your golf ball to react on the greens.
The unique feature of these golf balls is the pictures that are there on them. The pictures that are there on them on the outside of TP5 pix have a purpose. This helps to see how the ball rolls when the golfers are working on their short game. The other advantage of this picture is that it makes the balls more visible on the golf course.
- These balls provide excellent spin.
- The five pieces that the ball is made up of offer a good amount of control and “feel.”
- TaylorMade TP5 Pix Golf Balls give long off the T.
- These are of excellent help for the golfers’ putting games.
- These balls can be used for golfers at all levels.
- It is best for the players who might have poor eyesight or trouble seeing their golf balls.
- There have been some complaints from a few golfers who find the pictures on these distracting rather than advantage on the visibility front.
3. Nike One Tour
The way Nike One Tour is made is undoubtedly pretty impressive and is always on the list of the top 5 most expensive golf balls. With an astounding number of 378 dimples on the ball and made of 4 layers, these golf balls are available at $50 per dozen. This ball is specially designed for extreme control over them and the long-distance drive.
You may find these pretty expensive at $50, but you can also buy them at a lower price from some stores. Nike is already well known for all the excellent quality of their sports’ goods, and they made sure to deliver the same for the golf balls as well. The high price of these balls is thus definitely justified by the quality that the players receive from the company.
- It has a higher ball flight compared to the others.
- Has an excellent soft feel to it.
- It has a comparatively lower spin rate and spins much lesser than its peers.
2. TITLEIST AVX GOLF BALLS
The golf balls from this company undoubtedly qualify to be one of the most expensive golf balls available commercially. Titleist is one of the most well-known companies globally that create high-end golf balls used by professional golfers worldwide. The quality received by the players justifies the relatively high price of $63 per dozen. These balls can even be a bit rare to find.
The AVX is a perfect choice for players who are very serious about their ability to score higher—made up of 3 piece design. This technology enhances the feel and performance that professional golfers are always looking for. The AVX is appropriate for the players who want spin and control and are primarily mid to high swing players.
- Provide excellent high spin.
- The three layers design allows it to travel a longer distance.
- Has a low spin of the Tee.
- It is perfect for penetrating the ball flight.
- Comparatively harder concerning other balls.
- Costlier than some of the other excellent performing golf balls from the same company.
1. Dixon Fire
The Dixon Fire undoubtedly has to top the list for the most expensive golf balls in the world, selling at $75 per dozen. These are afforded mostly by extremely wealthy golfers who are playing professionally. The preference is given for these balls for their incredibly high-performance capabilities. You might be surprised to find that these balls are not really preferred among the Tour players. These are typically used by the semi-pro, amateur, and mainly by the golf hobbyists, who can afford the luxury of buying the most expensive golf balls. These balls are incredibly durable.
- Provides lots of power due to the excellent technology.
- Has a high intensity green core.
- It gives a good spin around the lush green golf course.
- Highly expensive.
- The pieces that are provided are not enough for such a costly golf ball.
The Bottom Line
The most expensive golf balls are not for everyone. However, golf hobbyists love to play only with these balls listed on the top 5 most expensive golf balls. Lower-cost golf balls will not provide the same feel and performance, and for many players, it is worthwhile to invest in a higher-quality ball.
FAQs on Most Expensive Golf Balls
Do the Tour Balls make any difference?
On the PGA Tour, the most expensive golf balls are often used for a purpose. Top-tier golf balls are designed to spin less off the Tee, maximize distance on longer shots, maintain control on shorter ones, and revolve more around the greens for better control.
Are Nike golf balls of decent quality?
Nike’s Power Distance balls although are not considered in the list of top 5 most expensive golf balls, provide excellent performance at an affordable price. The PD Soft is a two-piece with a low compression core and a soft cover that provides exceptional distance on long strokes while also providing an excellent feel on short ones.